ANSWER: To do modeling assignments you do not have to be tall and thin.
Tall and thin does help a model to do a bit more work. However, certainly in no way, if a model is NOT tall and thin, is she restricted from getting modeling bookings. As a matter of fact, most models are not tall and thin at all.
Models in music videos, on beer posters, print ads, hair magazines, hair shows, editorial work and much more, actually range in height and dress size. Besides, "chocolate" people are built differently. Full lips are standard for a Nubian Queen. To add to it all, thighs and hips are what "defines" a chocolate woman as being "chocolate".
ANSWER: Most people get into modeling because of the extra income it brings.
Many of them do have a day job already & attend college at night after working their 9-5 job and do modeling assignments on-the-side.
Fashion shows, music videos, print advertisements, hair magazines, etc.
All done on the side for extra income.
A. There are 17 types of modeling assignments.
· fashion shows
· runway shows
· hair shows
· hair magazine work
· fit modeling
· showroom modeling
· figure modeling for art classes
· music videos
· album covers
· swimwear calendars
· lingerie calendars
· beer posters
· print advertisements
· editorial work
· fur shows
1. Realize that this is a venue to earn additional annual income. Thus, this is a business.
2. Be serious about getting into modeling as a "side job". Most of our models actually
do not have a desire to get into modeling. They model mainly because it brings in
additional household income.
3. Procrastination has no place here.
4. Be professionally organized. When you arrive for your interview, do have a
notebook and pen on hand. Have your questions written down ahead of time.
5. Be "teachable". If you feel you know everything you need NOT apply
with OLM THE AGENCY.
6. If your attitude had "altitude", do not call us. We do not accept stuck-up models.
7. Memorize the modeling "terms" we review with you. It is "your" job to know these
terms and definitions. This can make or break you getting a booking.
8. When given an appointment DO NOT CANCEL. Do arrive on time or early.
9. Return our calls promptly/expeditiously.
10. Understand that "free" work:
a. keeps you down to earth.
b. trains you to do a better job.
c. always leads to "paid" work.